A unique opportunity for Orthodox women educators and leaders
An intensive seminar course for intermediate and advanced speakers
Develop your “Art of Speaking” in both live presentations and virtual forums. Engage in workshops with experts in the field, participate in small group coaching sessions led by professional coaches, develop relationships with a select cohort of accomplished OU Women’s Initiative educators and leaders.
- Gauging the audience and expectations and keeping them engaged
- Creating content that inspires – building a shiur or pitch
- Building warmth and credibility authentically, communicating in a virtual sphere
- Presenting oneself – eye contact, posture, gestures, expression, vocal modulation, dress
- Presenting in a virtual world – lights, camera, sound, positioning, backgrounds
- Providing feedback, receiving feedback, and self-critique
- Getting past the anxiety of speaking and recording
- Understanding contracts and ownership of recordings
- Enhancing your presentation with clear data, sources, stories, and pop culture
- Building a shiur and “recycling” the shiur for multiple audiences
- How To Construct and Deliver a Compelling Case
Barbara Gottesman, LL.B, CPCC, Certified Executive & Communications Coach, Keynote Coach TEDx Palo Alto
Rabbi Dovid Bashevkin, Director of Education, NCSY, Instructor, Yeshiva University, podcast host and author
Rebbetzin Sima Becker, Founding Director of Jewish Blueprints
Mrs. Amy Katz, Leadership Coach & Organizational Consultant
Mrs. Sivan Rahav-Meir, Israeli news reporter, journalist, TV & radio anchor, and international lecturer
Rabbi JJ Schacter, Senior Scholar at the Center for Jewish Future and Professor of Jewish History and Jewish Thought, Yeshiva University
Rachel Sims, Esq., General Counsel of the Orthodox Union
- November 18: Application period opens
- December 16: Final date to submit applications
- December 23: Cohort announced
- January 9, 16, & February 6: Seminar workshops and related assignments with Mrs. Barbara Gottesman Click here for schedule.
- Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, February 1 & 2: Evening sessions (choose at least 2). Click here for schedule.
- Weeks of February 7 & February 21: Small group coaching sessions (guidance and feedback on final presentation) Click here for schedule.
- February 27: Reflect, Recognize and Celebrate
This course is heavily subsidized by the OU Women‘s Initiative, through a generous donation by Stacey (Art of Speaking Cohort 2021) and Amir Goldman.
(A limited number of additional subsidies are available.)
For further questions, or to inquire about further subsidy before submitting an application, please contact Mrs. Adeena Mayerfeld, Program and Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-459-5131